Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD 4.4
Scientific Linux Live CD and DVD 4.4 has been released for both i386 and x86_64
Many thanks go to Urs Beyerle from PSI for creating and documenting Scientific Linux Live CD 4.4.
The Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD is a bootable CD/DVD that runs Linux directly from CD/DVD without installing. It is based on Scientific Linux 4.4. It uses Unification File System (unionfs), allowing read-only filesystem to behave as a writable one and squashfs providing on-the-fly decompression that allows to store 2GB software on a normal CD-ROM.
- LiveCD: fits on a normal CD-ROM (ISO image: livecd)
- LiveCD64: CD-ROM for 64bit (ISO image: livecd64)
- LiveDVD: only fits on a DVD (ISO image: livedvd)
- LiveDVD64: for 64bit (ISO image: livedvd64)
- Mini LiveCD: rescue system (<200MB), fits on a mini CD-ROM (ISO image: mini_livecd)
Public mirrors of Scientific Linux LiveCD/DVD can be found at the
Scientificlinux.org Download page.
Beside booting the LiveCD/DVD directly you can also copy it to an USB flash drive.
For more documentation, please see http://linux.web.psi.ch/livecd
Changes since LiveCD/DVD SL43:
- Update to SL44
- Update unionfs to 1.1.5, squashfs to 3.1-r2, nvidia driver to 1.0-8776
- Add SMP kernel to LiveCD/DVD (support for DualCore and multiprocessor systems)
- Add r1000 and ipw3945 driver
- Add more packages to the LiveDVD
- Add boot option: nopasswd, serviceon, serviceoff
- LiveCD/DVD now runs with native SL4 kernel (no more special LiveCD kernel)
- LiveCD/DVD can boot from USB CD-ROM/DVD
Last modified 2006-10-26 10:46 AM