Skip to content.

Scientific Linux

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home » Distributions » 6x » SL 6.0 » Changed

Changed

These packages were changed from the original vendors packages in Scientific Linux 6.0

httpd
Changed index.html. Changed release name

plymouth
Removed the red colors for text mode.

redhat-logos
Changed all trademarked icons and pictures.
Changed styles of items such as background, gdm, and kdm to change the tradedress style.

report
Removed the options to send reports to rhn or bugzilla.

sl-bookmarks
sl-bookmarks replaces redhat-bookmarks
Changed the bookmarks to be SL's basic bookmarks

sl-index
sl-index replaces redhat-index
Changed the default browser web page to be SL's basic page

sl-release
sl-release replaces redhat-release
Changed the release to be Scientific Linux

sl-release-notes
sl-release-notes replaces Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-Release_Notes*
Added Scientific Linux release notes

Changed for building reasons

Some packages would not build in our build environment. We changed these packages in order for them, or other packages, to build.
We did comparisons of the binary packages afterwords and they were all compatible with The Upstream Vendors comparable packages.

epydoc
epydoc needed a bug fix patch in order for python-nss to build. We put in the following patches from Fedora 13, but left the numbering the same as RHEL 6.
Fix crash with newer docutils (#578920) - Lubomir Rintel
Add texlive-dvips and texlive-latex requirements (#522249) - Matthias Saou

guile
We commented out it's final check.

kdepim-runtime

mod_auth_kerb
We Changed "--with-krb5=/usr/kerberos" to "--with-krb5=/usr" because the krb location changed on RHEL 6.

nss
We removing several tests.

opal
opal needed a bug fix patch in order for ekiga to build. The opal-3.6.6-buildopts.patch was missing one line "#include " for it to work properly.

pilot-link
when "autoreconf -is" is called this causes libtool to run from /usr/bin/libtool which is version 2.2.6b but the source ships its own libtool in pilot-link-0.12.4/libtool which is version 2.2.6 and called from the make files. This version mix does not work.

rome
RHEL 6 provides jdom-1.1.1 and not jdom-1.0 so we changed it to 1.1.1

ruby
Fixed a patch. We fixed the shellwords arguments building bug.
Note: The first ruby update from TUV fixed this problem.

Created by dawson
Last modified 2011-03-03 09:12 AM
 

Powered by Plone

This site conforms to the following standards: